Spanish Swordfish Stew
Guiso española de pez espada
You will need:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound of potatoes, sliced
- 1 generous cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 20 black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 pounds swordfish, skinned and cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan over low heat.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Cover and let simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes in another pot with the stock and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and add the bell peppers. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Put in the olives, swordfish, and the tomato mixture with the potatoes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir well, then cover and let simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the swordfish is cooked to your taste.
- Remove from heat and serve!
So, once again, we bring to the table a very easy dish that can be enjoyed by many. This particular recipe serves up to 4 people. As I have stated before, feel free to double the recipe and to tweak it however you feel fit. Enjoy and I'll see you all again tomorrow! Adios!