Mini Beef Burgers and Beans
You will need:
- 9 ounces of Minced beef
- Half an onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Can of Baked Beans
- Various small amounts of vegetables (like cucumbers and lettuce)
- Break the egg in to a bowl.
- Have your child mix the egg, minced beef, onions and some salt and pepper in a bowl. The best way to do this is with your hands. It's messy, but fun!
- Have your little one form two eyes and a mouth from the mixture with your hands.
- Place the formed burgers under the grill for 6 minutes. Turn them over and cook for 6 minutes more.
- Open the can of Baked beans and heat them through. Spread them out thinly on a plate.
- Have your kids place the burger eyes and mouth on the beans then use anything edible for the facial features.
- You can use a thin slice of cucumber on the beans for the nose, two slices of cucumber for the ears and shredded lettuce for the hair.
This recipe is very simple and very versatile. Let your children go crazy and make funny faces with the Minced meat and vegetables. They will have a blast and enjoy eating at the same time. As we all know, beans are some kids favorite side dish. This will please everyone. So, have a fun time and I will see you all tomorrow!