Bavettine with Smoked Salmon & Arugula
You will need:
- 12 ounces dried bavettine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- 2 ounces arugula
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large heavy-bottom pan of slightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta, return to a boil, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until Al-Dente.*
- Just before the end of the cooking time, heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the garlic and cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Do not allow the garlic to brown or it will taste bitter.
- Add the salmon and arugula. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
- Add the smoked salmon and arugula mixture, toss lightly.
We have completed Day 3 and boy, I feel fantastic about this dish! I sure hope you will all come back and join me for more Italian Week. Enjoy your dinner and caio!