Summer Squash Chicken Alfredo
You will need:
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish, and coat with the garlic.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear, then cool and chop the chicken.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Place the rigatoni in the pot and cook for 10 minutes, until al dente, and then drain.
- Place the bacon in a skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the zucchini and yellow squash until tender and lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix the Alfredo sauce and milk.
- Place the chicken over the cooked pasta.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over the chicken and top with the zucchini and squash. Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes, bacon, Parmesan cheese, and almonds.
I hope you all have a splendid evening and I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging and happy eating!