Salmon with Snap Peas, Yellow Peppers, and Dill Pistachio Pistou
You will need:
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shelled natural pistachios or almonds, toasted, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1.5 tablespoons pistachio oil
- 2 yellow bell peppers or orange bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed, strings removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 salmon fillets
- Mix the dill, green onions, pistachios, and 1/4 cup oil in a medium bowl. Season it to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and sauté until beginning to soften, or about 2 minutes.
- Add the snap peas, garlic, and 1/4 cup water, then sprinkle with salt. Sauté until the vegetables are just tender and water evaporates, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1 rounded tablespoon pistou.
- Transfer the vegetables to a platter, then tent with foil to keep warm. Reserve the skillet you just used and do not clean it.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the reserved skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, in the skillet and cook until the skin is crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the salmon over and cook until it's almost opaque in the center, about 3 minutes longer.
- Arrange salmon fillets over the vegetables on the platter.
- Spoon some pistou down the center of each fillet and serve!
I hope you all have am excellent day and I will catch you all on the flip side! Happy blogging to everyone!