You will need:
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1.5 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) canned Italian plum tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or dry sherry
- 3 parsley sprigs
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley, for garnish
- Saute the onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add pieces of chicken and saute until brown on all sides.
- Add the tomatoes, the chicken stock and wine.
- Next, add the parsley sprigs, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and garlic and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and saute the mushrooms until tender. then sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pot and arrange them in a dish.
- Strain the sauce and add the mushrooms to the sauce,then pour over the chicken.
- Garnish with minced parsley and bread crumbs.
- Serve with hot cooked pasta or rice.
I hope you all have an outstanding day and I will catch you all on the flip side. Remember... Happy blogging!