You will need:
- 4 pork cutlets
- 1/2 cup tonkatsu sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten with a teaspoon of water
- 3 cups Wheat Flakes cereal , crushed to 1.5 cups
- 2 cups shredded cabbage salad
NOTE: You may find tonkatsu sauce at your local market or Super center. It may also be available at any foreign food center.
- Place a pork cutlet between two layers of wax paper.
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound it to an even thickness of 1/2 an inch.
- Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Place the cutlets in a gallon zip-top bag.
- Add 1/4 cup Tonkatsu sauce.
- Place it in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 13x9x2 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set it aside.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish and set it aside.
- Place an egg in another shallow dish and set it aside as well.
- Place cereal in a third shallow dish, then set it aside.
- Remove the pork cutlets from their marinade.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Dredge each cutlet first in flour, then egg, then cereal, coating each slice well.
- Place the breaded cutlets in a single layer in a prepared baking dish and bake until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees, approximately 25 to 35 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cabbage salad and additional tonkatsu sauce for dipping.
I hope you all have a splendid day where ever you may be. I will see you all very soon. Happy blogging!