You will need:
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 pounds skinless, boneless chicken meat - cut into 12 pieces
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet.
- Saute the mushrooms until soft, remove from skillet and place in a small, covered bowl.
- Mix flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Place bacon in same skillet and cook over low heat until cooked but not crisp.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to skillet and saute the coated chicken over medium heat for 2 minutes each side, adding the remaining butter as needed to prevent burning.
- Place the chicken on a dish, cover and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, slowly add water to cornstarch and mix together, then mix in wine.
- Pour the liquid mixture into skillet, together with the reserved mushrooms.
- Heat until the mixture begins to boil and thickens, then pour over warm chicken and serve.
I hope you all have a splendid evening and I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging and stay cool!