Peppery Cajun Pork Pasta
You will need:
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook and drain the fettuccine as directed on package.
- While fettuccine is cooking, cut the pork into 1/4 inch slices and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the pork in oil for 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until pork is slightly pink in the center.
- Remove the pork from the skillet and keep warm.
- Spray the same skillet with cooking spray, then heat over medium-high heat. Cook the onion in the skillet for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onion begins to brown.
- Stir in the zucchini and salt.
- Cook about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Toss the vegetable mixture and fettuccine.
- Serve the pork over the fettuccine mixture.
Well, that wraps up our zesty session tonight. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your evening and I will catch everyone on the flip side. Happy blogging!