Good evening readers! Welcome to another edition of The Tasteful Texan. Today, we will be making Philly Cheese Steak Stromboli. If you have no idea what Stromboli is, I'm about to clue you in. Stromboli is an Italian bread turnover stuffed with meat, cheese, and some times vegetables. Most people make Stromboli with pizza dough. They are absolutely delicious!
Okay ladies, gents, and food enthusiasts, it's that time once again. Let's grab our aprons, rolling pins, and baking sheets, and I'll meet you in the kitchen! See you all soon!
Philly Cheese Steak Stromboli
You will need:
- 3 Pre-made Pizza Dough loaves
- 1 pound roast or sandwich steak, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 jalapenos seeded, washed, and sliced (optional)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 small jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large pan to medium/high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, then place steaks in pan and Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a few minutes then add the sliced onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until the onions are lightly browned. Don't overcook the meat and veggies because they will still cook in the oven.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough of one loaf into an approximate 9 X 13 inch rectangle.
- Pour the steak mixture in the center (make sure you leave about ½ inch of the dough edges plain so the dough will stick when you roll it).
- Layer the cheese on the steak mixture then Fold in the sides and tuck and roll the loaf.
- Place the loaf, seam side down on a greased baking sheet or aluminum foil.
- Beat one egg and brush the outside of the loaves until completely covered with the egg, then cut thin 2-inch strips on the top layer of the dough.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Well thank you for joining me today. I will be back as soon as possible, possibly over the weekend. If not, I'll be back next week after I get home from work. Have an awesome weekend! I'll catch y'all on the flip side!