This all inspired me to want to make something similar, but different in taste, thus why I chose apple bread. Now, I won't lie and say that I've ever had apple bread before because frankly, I have not. I imagine it would taste similar to apple pie? If not, I'm about to find out with the rest of you exactly what it tastes like. Grab those aprons and baking pans, and I'll meet you all in the kitchen!
Yields 30 Servings
You will need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded, peeled cooking apples (4 medium)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease and flour two 8x4x2-inch baking pans.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, apples, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and continue cooling on wire racks.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
So the verdict? This bread is fruity, moist, and delicious! If you are trying this recipe for the first time, or even the 7 billionth time, feel free to leave a comment letting me know what you think of this recipe. For now, I'm off to spend the day with my family, but I'll be back very soon with another recipe, perhaps a dinner recipe this time. Who knows? Until then, happy blogging, and I'll catch y'all on the flip side!