☃☃On the first day of Christmas recipes, your hostess gave to you☃☃
Yields 16 Patties
You will need:
- 2.5 cups confectioners sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 8 ounces 70% cacao bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup peppermint candies, crushed
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat 2.25 cups of confectioners sugar together with corn syrup, water, peppermint extract and vegetable shortening until just combined. The mixture will be very crumbly.
- Dust a work surface with remaining 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Empty contents of bowl onto work surface and knead until smooth.
- Shape dough into a log, about 2 inches by 8 inches long.
- Wrap tightly in parchment paper and freeze until very firm, about 20 minutes.
- Remove dough and slice into rounds using a sharp knife.
- Place rounds onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze again until firm, for at least 15 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals.
- Cool slightly. Chocolate should be warm but not so hot that you cannot put your finger into it.
- Cover another baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove patties from freezer one at a time and submerge into melted chocolate.
- Coat quickly and allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place on parchment paper lined pan and sprinkle with crushed candies.
- Repeat, covering all patties with chocolate and candy.
- Let patties stand until chocolate is set, about 1 hour.
- Store in fridge, between wax paper in an airtight container.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
I'll be back tomorrow with some sort of Christmas recipe, so stay tuned! Happy blogging, and I'll catch y'all on the flip side!