Hello friends and foodies! I'm sorry for my absence this week. I've been sick with some sort of bug. Last week (or was it the week before?), my family was sick, and I guess it was my turn. It was destined to happen. That's what I get for playing Suzy Homemaker and caretaker or the sick...
Well, I'm back (thank goodness), but still feeling mildly under the weather. I'm not sure what this bug is, but I want it gone. For now, I think I'll occupy myself with a bit of food love. Tonight we will be making a very simple, very quick dinner of quesadillas. I enjoy quick dinners, and I really enjoy quesadillas, so it's a win-win situation for me. I invite you into the kitchen with me, and I hope to see you all there!
BBQ Chicken and Cheddar Quesadillas
Yields 4 Servings
You will need:
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (no skin)
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chili peppers, drained
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- In a medium saucepan, cook shredded chicken, barbecue sauce, and diced green chiles over medium heat until heated through.
- Coat one side of each tortilla with cooking spray.
- Place tortillas, sprayed sides down, on cutting board or waxed paper.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over half of each tortilla.
- Top evenly with shredded chicken mixture.
- Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook quesadillas, two at a time, in hot skillet over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until light brown, turning once.
- Remove quesadillas from skillet; place on a baking sheet.
- Keep warm in a 300 degree oven.
- Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla into three wedges.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and green onion.
I'll do my best to be back soon. If I get to feeling normal, there will be updates daily. Until then, it's really up in the air. I hope to get back to posting regularly, and I thank you all for sticking with me. You all are great! Well, I'm off for now. Have a great morning, afternoon, and evening! Happy blogging to you all.