Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mediterranean Chickpea Salad


Hey foodies and friends! I'm back, and today I wanted to make a scrumptious side salad that would be a great addition for any parties, gatherings, barbeques, and what not. We are nixing a full dinner for one of my favorite foods, chickpeas. I admit that I am a chickpea/hummus obsessor.

I never discriminate against a well made hummus. It could be sun dried tomato, or spicy jalapeno hummus, or just plain ol' original hummus. Yep, no haters here. Well, unfortunately we are not making hummus, but hummus is made from chickpeas, hence my forever long rant about hummus. Anyway, this is a great Summer salad. I could eat this all year round, as I hope you would enjoy it so much as to do the same. Okay folks, I'm headed to the kitchen. This is a quick side dish, so no worries about time. I invite you all to join me. I hope to see you there!






Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Serves 8





You will need:



  • 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
  • 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
  • 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt




Ready?






  1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. 
  2. Toss to mix. 
  3. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes for flavors to blend.
  4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  5. Enjoy!





I know, I know. That was way too simple, right? That's the point. This is supposed to be a simple, delicious, easy to make side dish. Enjoy it and I'll be back again tomorrow. Have a great morning, afternoon, and evening. Happy blogging to all!