Thursday, October 10, 2013

Apple Pie Caramel Apples


Hey foodies and friends! Welcome to The Tasteful Texan! Before we begin today's post, I want to babble on about delicious candy apples. My big sister came home today from the grocery store. She brought me home a nice treat: caramel apples. Well, they weren't all mine, but I did get one. They were the sweetest, tart, caramel chocolate apples ever.

I've had great caramel apples before, but hot diggity darn, this was delicious. It made me want to make caramel apples with you all, which is exactly what we are going to do today. These caramel apples taste just like apple pie, and honestly, when you think about Fall, it doesn't get much better than warm apple pie. We'll just substitute the pie for today though... Okay families and friends, I invite you into the kitchen. Bring the kiddos and we will whip up a delicious snack that everyone can enjoy!





Apple Pie Caramel Apples
Yields 4





You will need:



  • Lollipop sticks (or popsicle sticks)
  • 4-5 green apples (ex: Granny Smith)
  • 1 (11 oz.) bag Kraft Caramel Bits (or caramels)
  • 8 oz. Vanilla Candiquik coating
  • Cinnamon-sugar, for sprinkling




Ready?






  1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Spear each apple with a lollipop stick.
  3. Melt caramel bits in a saucepan over low heat as directed on package.
  4. Dip each apple in melted caramel and place on prepared wax paper.
  5. Place apples in the fridge for 30 minutes.
  6. Melt Vanilla Candiquik in tray according to package directions.
  7. Dip each caramel apple in melted coating and return to wax paper.
  8. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
  9. Cut into slices for easy serving!
  10. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.



I really hope you all get as much enjoyment out of eating caramel apples as I did. This is one of those great family recipes that will have your children and friends begging for more. I'll be back soon with another recipe. Have a great morning, afternoon, and night. I'll catch you on the flip side!