My devoted blog readers, oh how I have missed you! It has been a very long year since I last left you unexpectedly. Want to know why? Well, I'll tell you. Right after the last post, BBQ Chicken and Cheddar Quesadillas, my husband and I found out some wonderful news. The news? We were having a baby. Yes, a baby! It would be our first after almost 4+ years of trying. Believe me when I say that after those 4 long years of trying without success, we had many pitfalls and heartbreaks, so when this test came back positive, we were shell shocked to say the least.
Since our last blog entry, I went on to have a healthy 7 pound, 14 ounce baby boy named Eugene (now he's more like 15 pounds of chunkamonk, haha). He really is our world. Along with having a baby, I enrolled in school in order to obtain my Bachelor's degree in Applied Behavioral Science. Anywho, I'm back now that my schedule has evened out. I'll do my best to keep the posts coming, but some days will be tricky. So today, I bring you:
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies
You will need:
- 1 stick softened butter
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.25 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 11 broken pieces Oreo Cookies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Shall we begin?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.
- Place flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, then stir to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked, but still soft.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes or more before transferring to cooling rack.
Okay guys and gals, I'll be back as soon as I can with another delicious recipe for everyone to try. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave me some love at the bottom of this post. I've dearly missed all of you and am so glad to be back! I'll see y'all on the flip side!