Barbecued Bat Wings
You will need:
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1.5 cups molasses
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Hot sauce to taste
- Black pepper
- Black food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Green food coloring
Let's do this!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the chicken wings for twenty minutes in a large pot.
- While the wings are cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Whisk together the ketchup, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, hot sauce, salt, and pepper until smooth in a large roasting pan.
- Add enough black, blue, and green food coloring to the sauce to make a dark black sauce.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Drain the wings well and add them to the sauce and toss to coat evenly, poking the wings liberally with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then increase the temperature to 450 degrees.
- Toss the wings in the sauce again to coat evenly.
- Bake until the sauce is thickened and slightly blackened, flipping the wings over occasionally, about another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
I hope you have a great Sunday. Enjoy this creepy recipe. Share it, hide it, or do what you do. I hope this was a fun recipe for you all and I'll catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all! <3