Fang-tastic Dracula Cupcakes
You will need:
- 24 cupcakes, baked in paper liners
- 2 cans chocolate frosting
- 3 quart-size ziptop freezer bags
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 24 mini cupcakes or plain muffins
- 4 red licorice strings, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 12 Tootsie Roll Midgees
- Bake your cupcakes according to the box instructions.
- When they are done baking, let cool for 10 minutes before beginning the frosting process.
- Spoon 3⁄4 cup chocolate frosting into a ziptop bag and snip off a tiny corner.
- Frost the larger cupcakes with the remaining chocolate frosting.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of vanilla frosting into a ziptop bag and snip off a tiny corner.
- Smoothly spread 1 tablespoon of the remaining vanilla frosting onto each mini cupcake.
- Pipe double arches on the mini cupcakes with chocolate frosting for the hairline, but be sure to pipe to the edge of the cupcake, then fill in for hair.
- Place red licorice on the faces for mouths and 2 sprinkles lengthwise on each for eyes.
- Pipe vanilla frosting onto the licorice for fangs.
- Place the mini cupcakes on their sides on top of the larger cupcakes.
- On a cutting board, roll out each Tootsie Roll Midgee into a 2 inch circle. Cut out an 11 x 2 inch square from each, then cut the square diagonally to make 2 triangles.
- Place 1 triangle onto each side of face (the frosting will keep it in place), slightly folding the long tip ends for collar.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to enjoy!
At first, I was a little confused about how to make this recipe, but all in all, it's really simple. The mini cupcakes threw me through a loop, but I finally figured this cute little cupcake out! Anyway, I am glad you all could join me for this awesome recipe and I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all! <3