Grilled Spicy Lamb Burgers
You will need:
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Phew! What a shopping list! Let's continue.
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Place the lamb in a large bowl, and mix with the mint, cilantro, oregano, garlic, sherry, vinegar, and molasses.
- Season with cumin, allspice, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper, and mix well.
- Shape the meat into 4 patties.
- Brush the grill grate with oil.
- Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on each side, or until well done.
- Heat the pita pocket briefly on the grill.
- Serve the burgers wrapped in pitas (or buns) with feta cheese.
Well done on making an excellent lamb burger! I hope you all walk away with a sense of pride in your hearts and joy in your bellies. Have a great day and I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all! <3