Dead Man's Meatloaf
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 eggs
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pitted black olive, cut in half
- 1 cup ketchup
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the garlic, onion, and celery in the hot butter until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil onto a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crack the eggs into the mixing bowl with the vegetables, and mix until the egg is smooth.
- Add the ground beef, Cajun seasoning, and bread crumbs.
- Mix with your hands until the mixture is evenly blended.
- Form the meat mixture into the shape of a stick man.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 35 minutes.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees.
- Once done, place the olive halves onto the head for eyes, and pour the ketchup onto the abdomen.
- Return to oven, and bake 10 more minutes.
- Serve with a plastic knife impaled in the abdomen for effect.
I hope you all get a kick out of this dish. If you have children, they will enjoy helping out with dish, for sure! Have a great day and I'll catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all! <3