Hello bloggers! Welcome to another edition of The Tasteful Texan. I'm your host, Mandie. Today we will be making one of my favorite dishes. My family loves when I make this dish. It's practically a staple in our household because of it's simplicity and delightful flavors. We will be making sausage and peppers. If you are someone who enjoys hearty, simple meals, this is the dish for you. Hang tight and I'll meet you in the kitchen!
Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
Yields 6 Servings
You will need:
- 6 Sweet Italian Sausage Links
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Yellow Onion, Sliced
- ½ Red Onion, Sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼ Cup White Wine
- Place the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown on all sides.
- Remove from skillet, and slice.
- Melt butter in the skillet.
- Stir in the yellow onion, red onion, and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in red bell pepper and green bell pepper.
- Season with basil, and oregano.
- Stir in white wine.
- Continue to cook and stir until peppers and onions are tender.
- Return sausage slices to skillet with the vegetables.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until sausage is heated through.