Thursday, September 1, 2016

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings

Good evening bloggers! Welcome to another Edition of The Tasteful Texan. Before we begin, I wanted to discuss something with y'all. I've been thinking and doing some researching. As it turns out, there are other web pages, blogs, and Facebook pages with the "Tasteful Texan" name attached to it. This is no bueno. It's up to you, my trusty blog readers, to help me choose a new name. Leave me a comment in the comment section below with your ideas! 




Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings 
Yields 8 Servings 




You will need: 


  • 4 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts 
  • 2 Tbsp Butter 
  • 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup 
  • 1 Onion, Finely Diced 
  • 2 Packages Biscuit Dough, Cut into Pieces 



Ready? 



  1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker.  
  2. Fill with enough water to cover. 
  3. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High.  
  4. About 30 minutes before serving, place the biscuit dough in the slow cooker.  
  5. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center. 
  6. Enjoy!




Thank you for joining me tonight. I know this recipe will leave you and your family feeling warm and full. As a Southerner, chicken and dumplings is a staple. I love eating it, and I love making it. I hope you do too. Thank you again for taking your time to join me as well as helping me choose a new blog name. It's a huge responsibility and I couldn't do it without you! Much love!