That being said, I'm ready to share this recipe with y'all. Grab those aprons and meet me in the kitchen!
Frito Taco Pie
Yields 6 Servings
You will need:
- 1 Can Crescent Rolls
- 1 Bag Corn Chips
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- 2 Small Cans Black Olives, Drained
- Lettuce, Chopped
- Tomato, Diced
- Before browning your ground beef, gather and prepare your toppings (black olives, lettuce, tomatoes).
- After staging your toppings, proceed to brown your ground beef.
- Add the taco seasoning according to the instructions on the package.
- In a pie dish, place the crescent rolls with the pointed end facing the center and the flat ends facing outward (see picture below)
- Mash the triangles together until they form a cohesive "pie crust".
- Place a couple good handfuls of corn chips into the pie plate over the crust.
- Top the corn chips with your ground beef.
- Top the ground beef with a can of drained olives.
- Spread sour cream over the olives.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Add the second can of black olives over the shredded cheese.
- Add one more layer of shredded cheese for good measure.
- Place the pie pan in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool.
(Picture courtesy of Pillsbury.com)
Thanks for joining me once again. I hope your family enjoys this simple, delicious recipe as much as mine did. Be sure to join us on Sunday for the first segment of Sundays with Stephie! Have a great weekend and happy blogging to all!