Friday, September 16, 2016

Frito Taco Pie

Good afternoon bloggers! Last night I made a meal suggested by Stephie. She sent me the link before heading to work. It turned out to be one of my favorite recipes. It was so easy to compile together and it was delicious to boot! I kind of messed up though. Stephie brought salsa to top the pie off with and I completely forgot about it! What a goof, right? I'd say so. The only people who had no interest in this meal (surprisingly) were the kiddos. 2 out of the 3 refused to eat it completely, but kids will be kids. My son ate it only after I sat down and helped him eat it, but he did not protest. All in all, it was a delicious meal enjoyed by the adults.

That being said, I'm ready to share this recipe with y'all. Grab those aprons and meet me in the kitchen!



Frito Taco Pie
Yields 6 Servings



You will need:

  • 1 Can Crescent Rolls
  • 1 Bag Corn Chips
  • 1 Pound Ground Beef
  • Taco Seasoning
  • Sour Cream
  • Shredded Cheese
  • 2 Small Cans Black Olives, Drained
  • Lettuce, Chopped
  • Tomato, Diced
  • Salsa


Ready?



  1. Before browning your ground beef, gather and prepare your toppings (black olives, lettuce, tomatoes).
  2. After staging your toppings, proceed to brown your ground beef.
  3. Add the taco seasoning according to the instructions on the package.
  4. In a pie dish, place the crescent rolls with the pointed end facing the center and the flat ends facing outward (see picture below)
  5. Mash the triangles together until they form a cohesive "pie crust".
  6. Place a couple good handfuls of corn chips into the pie plate over the crust.
  7. Top the corn chips with your ground beef.
  8. Top the ground beef with a can of drained olives.
  9. Spread sour cream over the olives.
  10. Top with shredded cheese.
  11. Add the second can of black olives over the shredded cheese.
  12. Add one more layer of shredded cheese for good measure.
  13. Place the pie pan in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
  14. Let cool.
  15. Enjoy!


(Picture courtesy of Pillsbury.com)




Thanks for joining me once again. I hope your family enjoys this simple, delicious recipe as much as mine did. Be sure to join us on Sunday for the first segment of Sundays with Stephie! Have a great weekend and happy blogging to all!