Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Beef Pot Roast

Hey bloggers and friends! Today we are making one of my favorite dishes, pot roast. In fact, I made this dish last week and ate half of the roast by myself. No joke. Okay, maybe I'm over exaggerating a wee bit, but I really did eat like 1/3 of the roast. I'm not even ashamed. Do some of you readers do the same thing? Leave me a comment if you aren't ashamed of your pot roast love.  

Before we begin, I want to remind y'all of the new segment coming up on Sunday. It's called Sundays With Stephie. She has some wonderful ideas and I'm positive you will love her! Now grab those aprons and chef's hats and let's make some pot roast! 




Beef Pot Roast 
Yields 6 Servings 




You will need: 

  • 3.5 Lbs Beef Chuck Pot Roast 
  • 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil 
  • 2 Tsp Salt 
  • 1 Tsp Black Pepper 
  • 1 Cup Carrots, Diced 
  • 1 Cup Celery, Diced 
  • 1 Cup Onion, Diced 
  • ¼ Cup Butter 
  • 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary 



Ready? 



  1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. 
  2. Pour vegetable oil into a large oven-safe pot over medium-high heat.  
  3. Season the chuck roast with salt and black pepper.  
  4. Brown the meat on both sides in the hot oil, and transfer to a plate. 
  5. Stir carrots, celery, and onion into the pot, and cook until vegetables start to release their juices, about 3 minutes.  
  6. Loosen any brown flavor bits on the bottom of the pot. 
  7. Add butter, and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.  
  8. Sprinkle in the rosemary, stir the vegetables, and return the roast to the pot.  
  9. Cover the pot with a lid. 
  10. Roast in the preheated oven until the chuck roast is tender, about 2.5 to 3 hours.  
  11. Season vegetables with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. 
  12. Enjoy! 




Thanks for joining me in all my pot roast loving glory today! I'll be back soon, more than likely on Friday with a dessert recipe. I've been wanting to do a dessert recipe for some time; I just never get motivated enough to choose one that I enjoy more than another. Anyway, have a great evening and happy blogging to you all!