You will need:
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4.5 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place the onion, green pepper and celery in a 5 quart slow cooker, then add the roast.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, broth, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, soy sauce, pepper and pepper flakes.
- Pour the mixture over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the meat and vegetables, but keep them warm.
- Skim the fat from the cooking juices if necessary and transfer to a small saucepan.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth, then stir into the cooking juices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with the roast.
Thank you for joining me today. Thank you for being an amazing person who succeeds in life. I hope you come back and join me for another scrumptious meal. Happy blogging to all! <3