You will need:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound fully cooked andouille sausage link, casing removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 pound Italian turkey sausage link, casing removed
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in oil until tender.
- Add the andouille sausage and cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the Creole seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Crumble the turkey and turkey sausage over the mixture and combine well.
- Shape the meat mixture into four patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the burgers for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees and the juices run clear.
- Top with cheese, then cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- For the remoulade, in a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, lemon juice, pepper sauce, relish and capers.
- Spread the rolls with butter and sprinkle with the remaining garlic powder.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve the burgers on the rolls with the remoulade.
I hope those of you who are celebrating Mardi Gras stay safe and those of you who are at home and unable to make the event, have fun with this delicious recipe. I'll catch you all soon for more Mardi Gras recipes. Have a great day and happy blogging to all! <3