Cajun Shrimp Orecchiette
You will need:
- 2 cups uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1.5 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the orecchiette pasta, cook for 9 to 11 minutes, until almost al dente, then drain.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the shallots, garlic, and green onion.
- Season with the Cajun seasoning and pepper, and cook about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the wine, tomatoes, and shrimp.
- Continue to cook and stir until the shrimp are opaque.
- Mix in the pasta and spinach, cover, then simmer 3 to 5 minutes, until the spinach has wilted.
- Plate and enjoy!
Thank you for joining me for the beginning of Mardi Gras season. I'll be back with more Mardi Gras recipes soon. Have a great day and happy blogging to all! <3