Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lime Soft Tacos and Sausage Calzones! Yum!

Good afternoon friends! Welcome to a new edition of Everyday Meals. As always, I'm your hostess, Mandie. Today, we are doing a couple of recipes. Both of them are versions of other recipes that I enjoy whole-heartedly. Every couple of weeks, my family loves to order calzones from a Pizza Hut. I know... I should be making them myself, but what can I say? I will say that my family makes a ton of tacos! That's our other recipe for the day. So, unless we get into the kitchen now, I will continue blabbing. Who wants that? Not me! I'll meet you there!





Sausage and Vegetable Calzones





You will need:






  • 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
  • 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 large red pepper, cut into strips, halved
  • 1 tub Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
  • 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1 can refrigerated pizza crust






Let's do this!






  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Brown the sausage with the mushrooms and peppers in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. 
  3. Drain the sausage, then return to the skillet. 
  4. Stir in the cooking creme and mozzarella, then remove the skillet from the heat.
  5. Unroll the pizza dough on a clean work surface. 
  6. Pat out into a 15x11 inch rectangle, then cut lengthwise in hal. 
  7. Cut each piece crosswise into thirds. 
  8. Top the dough rectangles with the sausage mixture and fold in half. 
  9. Seal the edges with a fork. 
  10. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
  11. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  12. Enjoy!







Are you ready to move on? Excellent!





Lime Chicken Soft Tacos





You will need:






  • 1.5 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat, cubed
  • 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 10 flour tortillas
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
  • 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1/4 cup salsa







  1. Saute the chicken in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes. 
  2. Add the vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano. 
  3. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
  4. Heat another skillet over medium heat. 
  5. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm one side, and then turn over to heat the other side. 
  6. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. 
  7. Serve the lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
  8. Enjoy!






Thank you for joining me today for a couple of my favorite recipes. I will be back soon with more awesoe recipes. Enjoy the rest of the day and happy blogging to all! <3