Sausage and Vegetable Calzones
You will need:
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips, halved
- 1 tub Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
Let's do this!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the sausage with the mushrooms and peppers in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Drain the sausage, then return to the skillet.
- Stir in the cooking creme and mozzarella, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Unroll the pizza dough on a clean work surface.
- Pat out into a 15x11 inch rectangle, then cut lengthwise in hal.
- Cut each piece crosswise into thirds.
- Top the dough rectangles with the sausage mixture and fold in half.
- Seal the edges with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Are you ready to move on? Excellent!
Lime Chicken Soft Tacos
You will need:
- 1.5 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat, cubed
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Saute the chicken in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano.
- Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the pan, warm one side, and then turn over to heat the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve the lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
Thank you for joining me today for a couple of my favorite recipes. I will be back soon with more awesoe recipes. Enjoy the rest of the day and happy blogging to all! <3