Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Spicy New Entry: Chili Potato Burritos

Good afternoon bloggers! Welcome to another spicy edition of Everyday Meals. As always, I'm your hostess, Mandie. Today, I chose a spicy little ditty because I received my regular monthly edition of Maxim in the mail. I opened it up to find a very beautiful, yet spicy picture of Jennifer Love-Hewitt. This inspired me to pick something that would leave a lasting flavor after eating. What better way to do that than with Mexican food? So, enough chatter. Let's get into the kitchen and make us some food! I'll meet you there.





Chili Potato Burritos





You will need:





  • 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • salt and pepper
  • 8 flour tortillas
  • 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce





Let's do this!





  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
  2. Add the potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
  3. Drain, cool, and mash.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  5. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
  6. Spoon evenly into the tortillas, and roll up.
  7. Place the rolled tortillas side by side in a 8x8 inch baking pan.
  8. Spread the enchilada sauce evenly over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
  9. Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
  10. Enjoy! 






Thank you for coming out today to listen to me rambling. Just a note, if you have any problems with what is discussed earlier in this edition, feel free to shoot me a message (the button can be found on the left side of the page) and we can discuss it appropriately. I hope not to lose any viewers over my reading selection. I promise, I DO read the articles inside, not just ogle the pretty pictures. As always, I hope to see you on the flip side. Have a great day and happy blogging to all! <3