Snapper Tacos with Chipotle Cream
You will need:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 1.5 cups chopped onion, divided
- 1.5 cups chopped tomato, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound red snapper fillets, skinned
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 flour tortillas
Are you ready? Let's go!
- Combine the sour cream, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and chile, then set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup onion and 1/2 cup tomato, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 cup onion, 1 cup tomato, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, and minced garlic to a pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cilantro.
- Arrange the fish over the onion mixture in the pan.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn the fish over, cover and cook for 2 more minutes. Break the fish into chunks.
- Stir in the rind and the juice, then cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/2 cup fish mixture and 1/4 cup reserved onion mixture.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons of chipotle cream. Fold in half or roll up.
Thank you for joining me today. I hope you all had fun using a brand new ingredient. I know that I always enjoy trying something new. Stay tuned for more delicious recipes soon. Have a great day and happy blogging to all! <3