Thursday, March 22, 2012

Garlic Cheddar Chicken

Hey bloggers! Welcome to another delicious entry to Everyday Meals. Today, I chose our recipe based on the fact that my family loves, loves, loves garlic. We also love cheese on a ton of things. My husband, for one, puts mild cheddar cheese on almost everything. He is a real picky eater, but if cheese is involved, I know for a fact that our dinner will be one for the win. Now, today's dish will be dredged in garlic butter. My sister and I both love this ingredient. It's versatile and if you use the right amount, it gives great flavor to the dish. Sometimes, it can be a bit strong, but in other cases, if paired right, can lend it's aroma and flavors to the other ingredients in the dish. Okay, now I know I'm babbling on about two ingredients, but what can I say? I am in a chatty mood today. So, to prevent myself from further babbling, I must request that we hop on over to the kitchen and get ready to make an amazing dish that everyone will enjoy!





Garlic Cheddar Chicken





You will need:





  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1.5 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded thin  





Ready?





  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
  3. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
  4. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture.
  5. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  6. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
  7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
  8. Enjoy!  





I hope everyone enjoys this dish. It took less time to hash out how to make the dish than it did for me to ramble on about my joy for said ingredients! Anyway, I'll catch you all on the flip side. Have a great day and happy blogging to all! <3