Roast Chicken with Balsamic Bell Peppers
You will need:
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1.5 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Brush the chicken with 1.5 teaspoons oil, then sprinkle thespice rub over the chicken.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons oil to the pan.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes or until browned. Turn the chicken over and cook 1 minute.
- Arrange the chicken in an 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- Heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the bell peppers, shallots, and rosemary, then sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, scraping the pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, then cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve the bell pepper mixture over chicken.
Thank you for joining me once again for another delicious meal. I predict plenty of other chicken dishes in the very near future, so stay tuned! Have a great day and happy blogging to all! <3