Homemade Chicken Taquitos
You will need:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup salsa verde
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 12 corn tortillas
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- cooking spray
Are you ready to conquer the taquito beast? Let's do it!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the salsa, lime juice, cumin, chile powder, cayenne, onion powder, garlic, cilantro, scallions, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Fold in the chicken and cheeses.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Working 3 tortillas at a time, stack them on a microwave-safe plate and cover with plastic wrap.
- Cook for 30 seconds or until the tortillas are soft and pliable.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling onto the lower third of each tortilla, and roll tightly.
- Place them seam side-down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Spray the taquitos lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tortillas are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
Thank you all for joining me today. Also, thank you for sticking with me this entire year. You make my life enjoyable and I'm really grateful for all of you! Enjoy New Year's Eve and I will catch you on the flip side. Happy blogging to all! <3