Rudolph the Red-Nosed Cookie
You will need:
- Chocolate or plain cookie dough
- 3 inch teardrop cardboard pattern
- Red hots
- Roll out the cookie dough to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Set the cardboard pattern on the dough.
- With the point of a sharp knife, cut out the reindeer's head.
- Bake as directed on the cookie dough package.
- Let cool, then break apart the pretzels to form antlers and attach them at the top of the reindeer's head with dabs of frosting.
- Add M&M eyes and don't forget the red hot nose!
- This will make 40 Rudolph cookies.
Ready for our next treat? Let's go!
Frosty, the Crunchy Snowman
You will need:
- 1 bag of 8 inch pretzel rods
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- mini chocolate chips
- orange decorating gel
- fruit roll ups, various colors
- gummy rings
- To make a batch, melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler.
- One at a time, dip one end of an 8 inch pretzel rod in the melted chocolate and use a plastic spoon or knife to spread the chocolate two thirds of the way down the rod.
- Set the pretzels on a sheet of waxed paper and press on mini chocolate chips for eyes and buttons.
- Use orange decorating gel to add a carrot nose.
- When the chocolate has hardened, stand the pretzels in a mug or glass and tie on strips of fruit roll up for scarves.
- For each hat, stretch a gummy ring over the narrow end of a gumdrop and secure it on the pretzel rod with a dab of melted chocolate.
Last, but not least... drum roll please!
Cheese Ball Santa
You will need:
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces Sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Red bell pepper
- 2 cups whipped cream cheese
- 1 Radish slice
- 1 carrot stick
- 1 pretzel
- black olives
- 1 cherry tomato
- Make Santa's face by blending the first eight ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Spoon the mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap and shape it into a ball.
- Tightly wrap the cheese and chill it for 1 hour.
- Unwrap the cheese ball and place it on a large serving tray.
- Drape new plastic wrap over the cheese, then flatten and shape it into a face.
- Remove the wrap and turn the red pepper upside down for Santa's hat.
- Spoon the whipped cream cheese into a sealable pint-size plastic bag.
- Seal the bag and make a small snip in a lower corner to create a pastry bag.
- Use piped-on whipped cream cheese to stick a radish-slice pom-pom to the hat.
- Pipe on more cream cheese for a hatband, eyebrows, and a beard.
- Press on a carrot nose, a pretzel mouth, olive eyes, and cracker ears.
- Add cherry tomato halves for rosy cheeks.
- Chill and enjoy!
I hope you all have had a blast creating festive, character themed snacks to share this upcoming holiday! I will be back soon with plenty of holiday treats and eats. Happy holidays and happy blogging to all! <3