New Year's Surf n' Turf
You will need:
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1.5 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 8 beef tenderloin steaks
- 24 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Are you ready to do this? I am!
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and 1 teaspoon garlic in 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Add the wine, cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the parsley, basil and browning sauce.
- Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook steaks in 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees; medium, 160 degrees; well-done, 170 degrees).
- Return the mushroom mixture to the pan and heat through.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, combine the remaining butter and oil.
- Add the shrimp and remaining garlic.
- Cook and stir until the shrimp turn pink.
- Serve with the steaks.
I hope you all join me for more spectacular New Year's recipes. I'll catch you on the flip side. Thank you for joining me and Happy New Year to you!