Good evening and welcome to the second day of Request week! Today's requests are two very different dishes from opposite ends of the world. One dish is widely known in the Philippines and the other comes from Southern Italy, but is a common American favorite. I am going to take these recipes and make a modern twist for each of them.The two dishes that have been requested are: Adobo and Chicken Parmesan. Leslie Balboa-Engle requested Adobo as "her favorite" dish. I can understand why! This dish is chock full of flavor! David Werner requested Chicken Parmesan. Can't you just smell the aromatic cheese and chicken already? Let's get started!
Pinoy Chicken Pork Adobo
For this recipe, you will need the following:
- 1 pound of chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 pound pork, cubed
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 bayleaf
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1/2 cup water
And here we go!
- Combine the chicken and the pork with the vinegar, garlic, bayleaf, soy sauce, peppercorn, and water.
- Boil the ingredients, then reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Simmer covered until completely tender.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
You'll need the following:
- 2 cups rotini pasta
- A 12 ounce can of chicken chunks, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil on high heat.
- Stir in the rotini and cook, uncovered for about 8 minutes (This allows for Al Dente, or tender with a little firmness to the bite)
- Drain and leave in colander for a few minutes
- Stir in the mozzarella, the rotini, and the chicken in a large casserole dish; pour the marinara sauce over the pasta mixture; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cover the dish in aluminum foil
- Bake until the cheese is entirely melted, about 35 minutes
And there you have it. Two diverse dishes, twisted and molded into something unique and simple for your everyday life. I recommend these dishes to anyone and everyone. Enjoy and I'll catch you all tomorrow! Good night!
Above: Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Above: Pinoy Chicken Pork Adobo