Before we begin, why don't we take a trip down memory lane to review some of our past Halloween entries?
Candy Corn Cheesecake
Beef Stew with Ghoulish Mashed Potatoes
Pumpkin and Butternut Creamed Soup
Okay ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, I present to you:
Jack O' Lantern Cheeseburger Pie
Yields 6 to 8 Servings
You will need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- Red and yellow liquid food coloring
- Cook first 5 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce; cool.
- Unfold 1 pie crust, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Spread mustard evenly over crust.
- Stir together meat mixture and 2 cups cheese; spoon on to center of crust, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Unfold remaining piecrust, and cut out a jack-o'-lantern face, reserving pastry cutouts to use as a stem.
- Place crust over meat mixture; crimp edges of crust, and fold under.
- Place stem on top of jack-o'-lantern face.
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons water, egg, and 1 drop each of red and yellow food coloring; brush over crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes; remove from oven, and brush again with egg mixture.
- Fill eyes, nose, and mouth with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until golden brown.
Okay everyone, I'll be back tomorrow. Until then, enjoy spending some quality time prepping for Halloween with your friends and family. I'll catch y'all on the flip side!