Now that we've gotten that out of the way, here's Stephie with her newest recipe.
It's Stephie again!! This time we are giving y'all some sweet Southern cooking. This jambalaya is gonna make you hoot and holler. Here we go!
Yields 8 Servings
You will need:
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Pound Chicken, diced and grilled
- 1/2 Pound Link Sausage, sliced and grilled
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Celery Stalk, diced
- 1 Cup Long Grain Rice
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp Creole Seasoning (See Recipe Below)
- 1.5 Tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Pound Shrimp, cleaned and grilled
- 4 Green Onions, sliced thinly
- Place all uncooked meat into a bowl.
- Add 1.5 Tbsp Creole seasoning to the bowl and mix well; set aside.
- Skewer the shrimp and prepare your grill.
- Once the grill is up to heat, cook the shrimp, chicken, and sausage until ready, between 5 and 15 minutes per food item.
- The shrimp will be the quickest to cook, so be sure to take it off the grill first, followed by the sausage, and finally the chicken.
- Bring the meat back inside and add to a skillet.
- Add the onions, garlic, celery, and bell peppers into the skillet.
- Cook everything medium high for 4 minutes.
- Add rice, tomatoes, the remaining Creole seasoning, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth, and bay leaves to the skillet mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes to begin with.
- After 15 minutes, stir the pot, cover and continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions, serve, and STUFF YOUR FACE!
To Make the Creole Seasoning:
You will Need:
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1.5 Tsp dried Thyme
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend well until a fine powder is produced.
Stay tuned for our rebranding beginning next week. This will be the only recipe this week, so please don't think we've forgotten about you. We haven't! There will be new colors, new headers, and a compete restyling. We hope to see you all next week! Happy blogging to you all!