The salmon can be kept separately from other ingredients in the fridge for approximately 5 to 6 days after cooking in a tightly sealed container. If you would prefer to freeze it after cooking (for whatever reason), it will last for 6 to 9 months, also in an appropriately sealed, freezer-safe container. Any how, I'm ready to share this delicious recipe. I'll meet you in the kitchen! Let's go!
Salmon, Bacon, and Guacamole Wraps
Yields 4 Servings
You will need:
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons white or red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1.5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and drained
- Baby spinach leaves
- 4 fajita-size flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season salmon fillet with salt and pepper and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Roast salmon in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the guacamole.
- In a medium bowl, stir together onion, jalapeño, garlic, and cilantro.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise around the pit.
- Twist the avocado halves in opposite directions and pull the halves apart.
- Scoop out the avocado pulp with a spoon and add to the onion mixture.
- Add lime juice and salt.
- With a spoon or fork, roughly mash the avocado while mixing in the onion mixture until evenly combined.
- Taste and season with additional lime juice or salt as needed.
- Set aside.
- To assemble the wraps, warm tortillas in microwave for 60 to 90 seconds so they are soft enough to roll.
- Spread guacamole down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with large chunks of the cooked salmon, one slice of bacon, and some spinach leaves.
- Roll up each tortilla and serve.
Thank you for joining me today. If you have any questions or concerns about food handling, storage, or general questions about this recipe, please feel free to comment below and I will do my best to answer in a timely manner. Have a great day and I'll see y'all soon with another recipe! Happy blogging!