Linguini with Roasted Vegetables and Tomato Basil Chicken Meatballs
You will need:
- 1 package Tomato & Basil Chicken Meatballs
- Extra virgin olive oil with garlic
- 1 pint fresh red cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound asparagus, cooked and drained
- 1 white onion, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 8 ounces linguini pasta, dry
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes, asparagus, onion and garlic with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of the black pepper.
- Spread the mixture on the sheet pan, and roast for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir half way and continue to roast until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguini according to package instructions.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta liquid.
- Drain the pasta and keep warm.
- Prepare a large saute pan with cooking spray.
- Brown the tomato basil chicken meatballs over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta in with the roasted vegetables and toss together.
- Lower the heat to medium, add remaining olive oil, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then toss well.
- Serve immediately with crusty Italian bread.
Thank you for joining me today. I am making a heavy effort to try and get my behind back into gear. As long as I am still located where I am, I will do my best to be back here most days. Once I move, I will be on here as soon as possible. Have a great day and I'll catch you on the flip side. Happy blogging to all! <3