Macadamia and Oat Encrusted Halibut
You will need:
- 6 halibut fillets
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- dash salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the oats, nuts, thyme, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a large dish.
- In another medium-sized dish, beat the water and egg white until frothy.
- Dip the halibut fillets into the egg mixture and coat the fillet.
- Dip the halibut into the oat mixture.
- Place the halibut fillets in the casserole dish and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish appears to flake easily with a fork.
- Plate and enjoy!
Thank you for coming out to enjoy an awesome recipe. Be aware that, even if you have diabetes, you can eat some amazing meals. Don't let the misconception fool you. It's about eating properly and being aware of labels. Go out into the world, and enjoy the rest of your day. Seize the day! Carpe Diem my friends and happy blogging to all! <3