Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts
You will need:
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Phew! That was a bit of a shopping list. Are you still with me? Good!
- To Make the white sauce: Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth, then gradually stir in broth and milk.
- Bring all to a boil; and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and saute onion over medium heat until tender.
- Add the crab, mushrooms, cracker crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the prepared white sauce, and heat through.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spoon about 1/4 of the crab mixture onto the edge of each chicken breast, then roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place the chicken rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, then top with the remaining white sauce.
- Cover the dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese and paprika and bake, uncovered, for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve.
I just want to stop and say a big, warm THANK YOU to everyone who has joined me so far. I am grateful to have each of you reading and making things with me daily. You get me through life sanely. Have a great day and I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all! <3